Dr. Abhay Vasavada completed his Masters in Ophthalmology (M.S.) from the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda in 1975. He was awarded the coveted degree of a Fellow of the Royal College Of Surgeons, England (F.R.C.S.) in 1980. He completed higher surgical training, a necessity for the promotion to a consultant position in U.K. He went on to specialize in cataract surgery and intraocular lens implantation, a domain that he has subsequently made his own.
He has been invited to perform live surgical demonstrations across the globe including the U.S.A., (Annual meeting of American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, Germany, Italy, Hungary, Saudi Arabia, other countries of the Middle East, the entire Asia-Pacific region including China and Australia. He is a distinguished member of different local and international ophthalmic societies all over the world.
To his credit, he has contributed 140 publications in peer reviewed national & international journals.
He is the first Indian and only the second Asian to be awarded the Binkhorst Medal Lecture by the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS) in 2011. This medal is one of the highest honors conferred for an outstanding contribution in the field of Ophthalmology.
- Runner Up – Film, Co-Author, ESCRS 2011, Austria
- Runner up – Film, Co-Author, ASCRS 2010 USA
- WINNER’- BEST FILM – Main Author ASCRS 2000, USA
- ‘BPOS’ (Best Paper Of Session) – ‘Paediatric cataract surgery’ sessionInternational conference, ASCRS 2000, USA.
- 1st Prize – Best Video FilmAIOS 2001, India.
- 1st Prize – Paper presentation- Cataract Session GOS 2000, India.
- 2nd Prize – Paper presentation- Cataract Session AIOS 1999, India.
- 3rd Prize – Paper presentation- Cataract Session GOS 1999, India.
Academic Interests :
Presented several research papers at state, national & international conferences.
Invited as a guest faculty to give lectures on ‘Newer IOLs’ at national meetings.
Awards and Honours :
- Best Poster at Annual Meeting of ASCRS, San Francisco, USA, 2011
- Best Paper of Session at Annual Meeting of ASCRS, Chicago, USA, 2012
- First prize Prize for Video Film in “Lights , camera, action” category at the Annual
- Meeting of Acia Pacific society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons Society,Shanghai,2012
- Invited as Faculty for Organisation development program, Bangladesh Eye clinic,Bangladesh
- F 1000 associate faculty for reviewing scientific publications
- Invited as Faculty at the AIOS meetings
Scientific Publications :
- Various scientific papers in various national and international journals
Awards and Achievements :
More than 15 peer reviewed publications in various international ophthalmic journals
Invited as speaker in national and international meetings
Presented several papers and posters at national and international conferences
Submitted educative videos at various ophthalmic meetings around the world
Best paper award at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons, Chicago, 2012 for “Incision Integrity and Clinical Outcomes Following Microcoaxial Cataract Surgery : Comparison of 1.8mm and 2.2mm system”
Le Sante Vision Award for “Best Paper in Cataract Session” during the Annual meeting of the All India Ophthalmic Society, 2010
Hanumantha Reddy Award for the “Best Paper in Pediatric Session” during the Annual meeting of the All India Ophthalmic Society, 2012
Best Paper Award at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons, Chicago, 2009 for“Evaluation of enhanced fluidic management system by measuring the dynamic intraocular pressure fluctuations during phacoemulsification using torsional ultrasound”
Comparative Quantification of Ingress of Trypan Blue Into the Anterior Chamber after Bimanual or Microcoaxial Phacoemulsification. Annual Meeting of the American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons, San Diego, CA, USA, April 2007
My visit to the Raghudeep eye hospital is an eye opener regarding the facilities of this organisation. I am highly impressed with the etiquettes of each and every staff member,senior-most doctors,their medical facilities. There is a sense of warmth and true hospitality that is extended to each patient being treated there. Our gratitude to Dr.Ab+ show more
it was a great experience to visit such a holistic hospital. care and treatment are just awesome.
Just let us know. We will be happy to assist you